Almost all fixed criterium (fixed crit) racers use off the shelf track wheels. It was our belief that this growing genre of racing deserved special attention and the development of specific wheels designed for the demands of the discipline. We set out speaking to a few wheel builders to gauge their views and approach to such a request - it was clear from the first conversation I had with Jonathan at Noble Wheels that they were the right people for the job. Our initial builds are focused at providing fantasic performance wheelsets at a reasonable price point; lower than that of the main branded wheels in use today.
- Fixed Crit races are characterised by their close racing on tight technical circuits. This means aero benefits are limited and hence we opted for light rims that have some aero benefit but are not too deep to keep the weight low to aid the many acceleration and decelerations
- Strong lacing patterns to support the demands of racing and good power delivery. The rear being 3x laced to ensure reliable delivery of power and a slightly more forgiving 2x to provide some 'give' to aid handling over the variable surfaces found on many of the race circuits
- Both the clincher and tubular options feature a wide rim profile to work well with the more popular wider tyre choices (25mm) seen today
- Ridea Track Hubs
- Noble 55 x 25 Carbon Tubular Track Rims NO Brake Track
- Noble 30 x 24 Aluminium Clincher Track Rims NO Brake Track
- Sapim CX-Ray Spokes (Brass Nips)
- 28h Rear 3x
- 24h Front 2x
- 1510g (carbon) 1625g (aluminium)
Be assured these are not your standard factory produced wheels, these are quality hand built wheels by Noble Wheels.